Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Evie is O-N-E

Evie is 12 months old!! I still can't believe it. I do love this age, but miss her being an itty-bitty. Evie is seriously the sweetest baby and just so stinkin' cute. Yes I know I am biased, but I just can't ever get enough of her!! I would say that Evie is a mama's girl, but she LOVES her daddy too. They have the sweetest relationship that melts my heart!
Evie loves to eat and is now officially off the bottle. It took her a couple times to get used to the milk, but she now takes it with no problem. I was worried about this transition because the girl LOVES her "bop-bop". Some of her favorite foods are chicken, strawberries, bananas, biscuits, goldfish and Nilla Wafers. She is a growing girl weighing 22 pounds!
In the past couple of weeks she has become quite the walker. She was taking a few steps here and there before her first birthday, but now she is walking all the time. She still crawls a good bit too, but I am not going to complain about that because I know when she starts walking consistently I will be in for it. Evie can say bye-bye, da-da, mama, hey and bop-bop. She just recently starting saying ga-ga which might be what she is going to call my mom because she seems to say that when my mom is around. :)
Evie has developed so much and is learning so many things. When you tell her to raise her hands she will and she is now blowing kisses which might possibly be the cutest thing ever.  She loves to clap her hands and always laughs when she does. Anytime you say "yay" she will start clapping her hands. When music is on she has started moving around which we will call "dancing". :) The latest thing she has learned is how old she is. I about fell out when she actually did this. I decided to say "Evie how old are you?" and I held up one finger. I kept doing this until eventually she started it. After that we would keep asking her and she would hold up her finger and then clap. Melt this mama's heart!!
 Evie loves to play with her toys and will play for long periods of time. It is hilarious to watch her with some of her toys. She got a couple of puzzles for her birthday and will not leave the pieces in. She immediately takes them out when she starts playing with it and if we try to put them back she takes them out again. She loves the car we got her for her birthday. She likes to put toys in the car and then take them out over and over again.
Evie is still a great sleeper and takes good naps. She is now down to one nap a day which usually lasts for 2 hours. She goes to sleep at night between 7:30 and 8:00 and wakes up around 7:00.
I know I say this in almost every monthly post, but Gray and I are just so incredibly lucky to have been blessed with such a sweet and loving daughter. She brings us so much joy and happiness and I just can't imagine my life without her. Here are a couple of pictures from her actual birthday...1st birthday party pictures will come later!:)
 
New car...Cozy Coupe

Enjoyed that cupcake :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Good thing Brady didnt see that car at the birthday party, because he would have really gone crazy haha.

    ReplyDelete