Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

First beach trip as a family of THREE

We took our first trip to the beach back in July. We went to Isle of Palms with my dad and step mom's family. They go every year and Gray and I try to go down for a couple of days. We weren't sure we were going to be able to go this year, but we decided to give it a try. Having a baby brings a whole other meaning to the word packing. I think Evie alone had about three bags for the four days we were going to be there. It was somewhat stressful packing everything, but we managed and had a GREAT time. It was so nice to get away and be able to relax!
Gray and I were able to go out on the beach two days without our baby girl and we took her out there one day. That was quite an experience that I don't know if I would do again until she gets older. Getting ourselves out there was the hardest part! We took a dome tent hoping she would lay in there and sleep, but the minute we put her down she woke up and wanted to be held. Gray and I took turns holding her under the umbrella! We are definitely looking forward to next year when she will really be able to enjoy the beach!
She fell asleep on the walk to the beach...so sweet!!!



She was out!
 

Family pic before heading to dinner

Grand-Teddy loves his girls
 

No comments:

Post a Comment